Topic: Human Work Behavior and Job Analysis
Why are reliability and validity important for assessment? How are content validity and criterion-related validity used to establish construct validity? Support your position. 200 Words
Is a job-oriented, a worker-oriented, or a hybrid job analysis approach most appropriate? Why? 200 words
1. Industrial/Organizational Psychology: Understanding the Workplace
Review Chapter 2; Read Chapter 3.
1. Doing Competencies Well: Best Practices in Competency Modeling
Campion, M. A., Fink, A. A., Ruggeberg, B., Carr, L., Phillips, G. M., & Odman, R. B. (2011). Doing competencies well: Best practices in competency modeling. Personnel Psychology, 64(1), 225-262.
2. General and Specific Measures in Organizational Behavior Research: Considerations, Examples, and Recommendations for Researchers
Judge, T. A., & Kammeyer-Meller, J. D. (2012). General and specific measures in organizational behavior research: Considerations, examples, and recommendations for researchers. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33(2), 161–174.
3. Understanding Work Using the Occupational Information Network (O*NET)
Read pp. 457-474:
Peterson, N. G., Mumford, M. D., Borman, W. C., Jeanneret, P. R., Fleishman, E. A., Levin, K. Y…. Dye, D. M. (2001). Understanding work using the Occupational Information Network (O∗NET). Personnel Psychology, 54(2), 451–492.
4. What Is Coefficient Alpha? An Examination of Theory and Applications
Cortina, J. M. (1993). What is coefficient alpha? An examination of theory and applications. Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(1), 98-104.
1. O*Net OnLine
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work that may be helpful in responding to discussion questions and assignments.