Classical and Operant Conditioning
This activity gives you the opportunity to try both classical and operant conditioning for yourself. You can use these forms of conditioning on a pet, a family member, or a friend. Please use them for only positive purposes and list what you did for each, how you did it, and what you found. Please be careful to note the differences between these conditioning methods and use correct terms in your descriptions.
Document your findings in a 2 to 3 page paper. Address the following:
1. Classical Conditioning Scenario
2. Unconditioned Stimulus
3. Unconditioned Response
4. Conditioned Stimulus or Conditioned Response
5. Operant Conditioning Scenario or Reinforcer
6. Which of the two was a more successful conditioning method? Explain.
Respond to the prompt below. Follow APA guidelines and include a title page, citations, and references. Please utilize LIRN to help you get started with your search. You may visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
Choose three concepts from Module 4 that you have found most interesting. Your submission must be at least 2 pages in length. Complete the following:
1. Describe each concept.
2. Explain the application each has to modern psychology or ‘real life.’