Select a topic to research. For your research, you must use Google Scholar, the GCU Library or another reputable site. Use Lecture 2 for a description of what is considered a scholarly article. Use APA formatting style for references. Create a title page and a reference list with 10 references from the last 5 years. Include the permalink for each reference. Include the following types of references:
- Journal articles
- Dissertation/thesis from a database
- Streaming video
- Book chapter
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Must be done by its SELF
Select three of the 10 references from your Reference List assignment. Create an annotated bibliography that is 250-300 words for each of the three references.
The annotated bibliography includes three paraphrased paragraphs for each reference. Each annotation must have 250-300 words, making a total of 750-900 words for the entire assignment. Each annotation should have the following elements:
- APA style reference of the article being annotated
- A paraphrased summary of the article (See note on paraphrasing below.)
- An assessment of why it is a scholarly reference
- A reflection on how it is applicable to your research
Follow these steps for all three references you chose.
Note on Paraphrasing: Paraphrasing the ideas of others is a requirement in academic writing and graduate study. Paraphrasing is using your own words to restate ideas or information from a source material. As you write each annotation use the following paraphrasing guidelines.
There are three main steps to paraphrasing:
- Identify the original idea(s) in the article
- Identify general points regarding the idea(s)
- Summarize the general points of the article in your own words (a Paraphrase
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
MUST PASS TURN IT IN WITH LESS THAN 5%