Write a 750-1,000-word rhetorical analysis essay of a public document. This public document is the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) website on Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) found at http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/facts.html Your analysis should include at least TWO scholarly sources outside of class texts.
Complete a close reading of the assigned public document. Then, write a cohesive essay that:
1. Introduces and summarizes the CDC website on ADHD in the introductory paragraph and ends with a thesis statement.
2. Analyzes the rhetorical tools used on the site, the CDC’s use of ethos, pathos, and logos.
3. Evaluates the site’s effectiveness.
This essay is NOT simply an expository or descriptive essay or an analysis of ADHD. It is an analysis of the site and how effectively the site uses rhetorical tools to get its point across. The essay should include:
1. essay title
2. An introduction paragraph with a thesis statement
3. At least three body paragraphs
4. A conclusion paragraph
Also, you will need to include a References page and in-text citations with at least TWO scholarly sources.