Develop and deliver a 10–15 minute seminar/workshop aimed at the teen or young adult audience on a specific health risk associated with the population.
Choose a health risk associated with adolescence. Some categories to consider may include:
- Substance use and abuse
- Tobacco use
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
2. As the health care advocate, you will present the following to the target audience (adolescents or young adults)in 10-15 slides or screens:
- An overview of the risk factor
- Contributing factors
- Prevalence of the health risk (meaningful data)
- Explain your role with the issue as a health care practitioner/advocate
- Ways to identify a problem and address the issue
- Present an activity or project or exercise for the audience to engage in related to the topic
- Help and support resources
3. In your research materials, incorporate 3–4 current sources with one containing the most current statistics.
4. Use age-appropriate creativity to ensure the message gets across to the selected audience.
Please be aware that point 2 need to be complete!!