- Briefly summarize the case studies featured in the videos.
- Include in your summary the condition depicted and possible causes of the memory impairment or memory loss using theories and research from the course readings.
- Use your course resources and at least three peer-reviewed and scholarly resources (no more than five years old) to help support your analysis.
- Using scholarly sources as a basis, conclude with possible treatment options for the person featured in the case study.
- Prior to submission, review the Impediments to Learning and Memory Scoring Guide to ensure that you have completed all the required elements of this assignment. The following resources will help you locate sources to support your ideas and cite them appropriately using APA style:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Sources: Use your course resources and at least three peer-reviewed and scholarly resources (no more than five years old).
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply psychology theories and concepts to human learning and cognition.
- Summarize the conditions depicted in case studies.
- Competency 2: Apply research findings to topics in human learning and cognition.
- Describe possible causes of the memory loss or memory impairment featured in case studies.
- Competency 3: Describe the research methods used in the study of human learning and cognition.
- Apply course readings, including peer-reviewed resources, to support analysis, and include the research methods used for the sources cited.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Apply critical thinking and communication skills concerning learning and memory in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful.
- Apply current edition of APA style, including in-text citations and full references for sources.