Your Statement of Purpose enables you to showcase skills and experiences that may not be evident on your resume. It is an opportunity to demonstrate not only your writing skills but also your interest in joining the field of social work.
When writing your Statement of Purpose, remember that you must address each of the following bulleted items. We recommend that you address them in one coherent essay that conveys your passion for social work throughout.
- 1. Describe your understanding of the social work profession and its core values. How have you incorporated social work values in your human service experiences and interactions with others? What significant relationships and life experiences have you had in giving or receiving help that have motivated you to enter the field of social work? What personal qualities equip you for the social work profession? Discuss your experiences and feelings about working with populations different from your own.
- 2. The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is dedicated to providing excellent graduate education for people destined to create social change. What social welfare areas interest you and why? What social problem most concerns you that might be addressed with an MSW?
- 3. Please discuss your career goals. What do you expect to be doing in five years and 10 years? How will your chosen concentration and practice area help you reach your personal/professional goals and future contributions as a social worker? Include why the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is a good fit for your goals.
I’d also like to remind you about three other requirements. Your Statement of Purpose must:
- Be five double-spaced pages in length.
- Use Times New Roman font.
- Have one-inch margins.
I original paper, no plagiarism or copy and paste. please answer all the questions require.