The Evidence Supporting Behavior Change
The theory of planned behavior shows us how we can help change someone’s behavior.
For this assignment, gather the best evidence you can find to help convince more women to pay close attention to signs of breast cancer and to get appropriate screenings.
Use the Capella library to locate seven examples of evidence-based interventions proven to be successful in increasing rates of breast cancer screening.
You are encouraged to use the guiding questions document linked in Resources to help you complete this assignment successfully.
Describe your selected evidence-based interventions. Make sure to adhere to the following requirements:
- Use only the most recent evidence (from the last five years).
- Include at least one finding focused on low-income and racially diverse women.
- Select the intervention you thought was the best of the seven articles you read.
- Choose one concept from “Evidence, Ethics and Values: A Framework for Health Promotion” (linked in Resources).
- Note: Although the article concerns a different topic, pay attention to how the concepts of coercion and stigmatization can apply to breast cancer screening.
- Use the concept to discuss the reasons why you think the intervention you chose is the best.
- Remember to cite relevant articles using APA guidelines.
- Page count: Your assignment must be a minimum of three double-spaced pages in length (not including cover or reference pages).
- Font: Times New Roman 12 point.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: Cite at least one peer-reviewed resource.
Note: To fully understand how this assignment will be graded, be sure to read the scoring guide carefully.
Submit your document as an attachment to this assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.