********I have attached the reading, Please open and read in order to complete this assignment correctly*************
From your course textbook, Ticket to Write, read the chapter titled “Can’t We Talk?” by Deborah Tannen.
After reading and reflecting on the article, respond to the following: “Men grow up in a world in which a conversation is often a contest, either to achieve the upper hand or to prevent other people from pushing them around. For many women, however, talking is typically often a way to exchange confirmation and support” (Tannen, 2016, p. 632).
- Do you agree or disagree with Tannen’s statement? Support your point of view with reasons and examples.
- What has been your experience?
- How does the author present this difference in communication between men and women in her essay?
- Is she effective in her presentation?
- How does she use detail and organization to support her points?
In-Text Citation Example
According to Tannen (2016), “To many men, a complaint is a challenge to come up with a solution” (p. 633).
Tannen, D. (2016). Can’t we talk? In S. S. Thurman, & W. L. Gary, Jr. (Eds.), Ticket to write: Writing Paragraph and Essay. [Vital Source Bookshelf] (pp. 631-633). Retrieved from myeclassonline.com