Using Teacher-Written Praise Notes to Promote a Positive Environment in a Middle School
- Read selected sections of Nelson, J. A. P., Young, B. J., Young, E. J., & Cox, G. (2010). Using teacher-written praise notes to promote a positive environment in a middle school. Preventing School Failure, 54(2), 119-125. You should read the Abstract, Introduction, Participants and Setting, Procedure, Measures (paragraph 1 only), Data Analysis (paragraph 1 only), Results (paragraph 1 only), and Discussion (paragraph 1 and 2 only). This article is available at http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/603227825?accountid=7374.
In an essay of 500 words, use the scenario presented in part 1a, above, to answer the following questions:
- What statistical test was used in Nelson et al., (2010)?
- Did the authors use the correct statistical test? In other words, what was their rationale for using this test (i.e., were the variables discrete or continuous and was the test appropriate for this type of data?)
- What was the research question? How did the statistical test address and answer the research question?
- How did the authors interpret the results of this study?
This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topiAnalysis of Researchc, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Copy and paste your question here…