Your task in this assignment is to explore the relationship between women and co-occurring disorders. Specifically, you will examine the evidence as to whether there is a gender difference in co-occurring disorders. You may agree that there is a gender difference, disagree, or argue that more research is needed before a conclusion can be reached on this issue.
In your paper, be sure to address the following:
- Provide an overview of women and co-occurring disorders; including disorders that are commonly diagnosed with women.
- Explore the unique challenges that are faced by women that may influence both etiology and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- Discuss the impact domestic violence has on the development of co-occurring disorders.
- Present findings regarding co-occurring disorders in the female prison service .
- Present your conclusions as to whether gender-specific services are needed for co-occurring disorders.
Support your paper with at least five articles from peer-reviewed journals published in the past 5 years.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Due: December 11, 2018 by 10pm EST