Select a cancer either in the adult or pediatric population to research. You will write a paper based on the rubric below. This assignment is an opportunity for you to explore a particular cancer of interest to you. Its purpose is to assess your understanding and demonstrate your practical application of the pathophysiologic processes that occur in diseases. This comprehensive paper will be in length and should include the following components:
GRADING RUBRIC ADVANCED PATHOPHYSIOLOGY GENETIC AND CANCER ASSIGNMENT
100 points total 10% of grade
Pathophysiology of the disease
Description of the clinical manifestations and assessments
Diagnostic Studies/ Laboratories
Clinical Management/ Treatment Modalities
Evaluation of Treatments
Patient Education and Safety (QSEN)
Choose one case study related to the disease process. Articles must be less than 5 years old, from a scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
APA format (title page, headers, heading, in-text citations, reference page)
If writing requirements are not followed precisely, your grade on written materials may begin with a grade of 89.
Specific writing requirements
1. All paper submitted must be in APA format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.). 2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5. Use precise APA format that includes correct punctuation, spelling, sentence structures, and references.
2. Must include at least 5 peer-reviewed references, including McCance, K. L., & Huether, S, E. (2015). 7th ed and Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.).
3. Type must be Times New Roman, 12-point font, and double-spaced.
4. Use the spell check function on the computer (will help with #1).
5. Use a COVER page following APA guidelines
6. Paper must be sent via e-mail on due date.
7. Papers turned in past the due date will receive an automatic deduction of 10 points with the grade to start with a B (89).
If page numbers are limited, pages that exceed the limit will NOT be read and further points may be removed if critical content was included on the excess pages.